Careers and Jobs at Rocket Languages
Imagine what it would be like to work for a young, vibrant internet-based company that is experiencing excellent growth and produces high quality products with passion. Here's your chance to contribute to an organization that has high aspirations.
If you enjoy working in an enthusiastic team then here is your opportunity to be part of something truly special.
Current Positions Available:
VP Ecommerce/Internet Marketing
Rocket Languages is looking for someone to lead our ecommerce and internet marketing, with the goal of driving our online presence to the next level. We would prefer this position be based in Washington, DC but we could consider other locales for the right candidate.
Rocket Languages is an international leader in online language learning courses. We are based in New Zealand and we are growing at a rapid rate. Our team is fast, innovative and nimble, making for an exciting company culture. We produce quality products, with our courses receiving the PC Mag Editors Choice Award for the best online language learning course.
- Manage, develop, and implement strategies to generate leads and overall revenue.
- Monitor, analyze, recommend, and implement strategies to improve key performance metrics, including click-through rates (CTR), cost-per-lead (CPL), conversion rates, average order size and ROI.
- Develop and implement A/B testing and define creative requirements for landing page or site testing.
- Manage and develop enhanced SEO strategies.
- Research and implement new marketing strategies. Think outside the box in an effort to extend our product reach and engage new users.
- Manage tracking, reporting, and analysis of marketing. Summarize metrics, provide actionable feedback, and drive direction based upon data.
- Work with the team to make recommendations and manage the testing of website changes and enhancements related to usability, functions/features, and custom interface, that directly impact consumer usage and purchase behavior.
- A proven track record in ecommerce
- A positive attitude
- A passion for all things internet
- A passion for online learning
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong analytical skills, with an understanding of consumer research, product strategy, pricing, and online promotion/web analytics.
The position offers strong earning potential including base salary, commission, and 401k.
As we are a small, growing company, there is advancement potential as our plans progress.
Please email your application to
Intermediate Web Developer
Rocket Languages are one of America's largest online language learning providers. We have an exciting opportunity available in our Christchurch office for an intermediate developer looking to extend their skills and work on some of the most cutting edge products in the educational space!
- Have a passion for continued learning
Have advanced skills in:
And fancy yourself as being quite good at:
And would LOVE to learn more about:
- Linux Admin
- Cloud technologies
Then we might be the next step you're looking for!
Life at Rocket involves:
- Meeting tight deadlines, not by constantly working late but by being the most efficient you can be
- Keeping up to date with online trends, developments in education and general tech advances
- Being part of a motivated, tight knit team who work hard and laugh a lot
- Balancing developmental holy grail with commercial reality
- Being a part of something that makes a difference to people's lives every single day
If in the last month you:
- Have learned something about yourself
- Have revisited your code to make improvements
- Have laughed (even just a little)
- Found somebody glazing over when you discussed your latest project in minute detail
Then, in the next month, we can guarantee you:
- More laughs
- More learning (and lots of it)
- An awesome brand new office (the paint's drying right now)
- The feeling of going home each night knowing you're part of something quite unique
If this sounds like you and you reckon you're up to the challenge then please contact with a covering letter and a copy of your CV.
Salary/package based on experience and flexible for the right candidate!