French Travel Words
Understanding French travel words will be easy once you master this vocab! Find out how to pronounce different French words about travel with this free lesson. Listen to the audio, then practice your pronunciation with our voice recognition tool.
Knowing these French travel words will make your stay in a French hotel much more comfortable!
After this lesson you'll be able to ask for what you need in French, find your way around the hotel, and share any concerns you have with the hotel staff (hopefully avoiding the need for any French swear words!). Let's start with some basics...
How to pronounce French Travel WordsHere are some of the most basic French travel words to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more French travel words.
- La clé or La clef - The key
- Le numéro de la clé - The key number
- Vous êtes dans la chambre numéro 29. - You are in room number 29.
- Le rez-de-chaussée - Ground floor
- Le premier étage - First floor
- Le deuxième étage - Second floor
- Le troisième étage - Third floor
- Le quatrième étage - Fourth floor
- Où est l’ascenseur ? - Where is the elevator?
- Où se trouve la piscine ? - Where is the swimming pool?
French travel words to use at the hotel
Directions will be given with reference to floors...
You may wish to know where the following are…
You may also want to know:
If your room isn’t equipped with all the facilities you’d like, here are some useful phrases…
Here are some final words and phrases that might come in handy…