Holidays in Italian
Ciao! Tutto bene? Welcome to the Rocket Italian lesson on how to say different holidays in Italian. Italy is a mainly Catholic country and as such, there are many religious holidays celebrated throughout the year.
Today we’ll go over these and several other holidays that you might find just as important as the people in Italy do.
How to pronounce the different holidays in Italian
Here are some of the common Italian holidays to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more Italian holidays.
- Il Capodanno - New Year's Day
- Il Natale - Christmas
- Il Mercoledì delle Ceneri - Ash Wednesday
- La Domenica delle Palme - Palm Sunday
- Il Giovedì Santo - Holy Thursday
- Il Venerdì Santo - Good Friday
- La Pasqua - Easter
- Ognissanti - All Saints Day
- La festa del lavoro - Labor Day
- La festa del 4 luglio - Independence Day (4th of July)
Let's get started...
Practice Your Pronunciation With Rocket Record
Rocket Record lets you perfect your Italian pronunciation. Just listen to the native speaker audio and then use the microphone icon to record yourself. Once you’re done, you’ll get a score out of 100 on your pronunciation and can listen to your own audio playback. (Use a headset mic for best results.) Problems? Click here!
New Year's Day
Il Mercoledì delle Ceneri
La Domenica delle Palme
Il Giovedì Santo
Il Venerdì Santo
All Saints Day
La festa del papà
La festa della mamma
Il giorno del Ringraziamento
La festa del lavoro
La festa del 4 luglio
Independence Day (4th of July)
Il pesce d’aprile
April Fool's Day
La festa dei bambini
Il San Valentino
Il martedì grasso
That’s it for this lesson on holidays in Italian. I hope you learned a lot! To practice these new words, try marking your calendar with the holidays and important days in your life in Italian. You’ll start to remember them automatically after some practice! For more lessons on Italian vocabulary I recommend these!
- Know your Italian hotel vocabulary with this lesson!
- Going on a spending spree? Know your vocabulary to do with shopping in Italian
- Understand signs in Italian. A super handy lesson (especially if you need to go to the toilet!)
Maria DiLorenzi and the Rocket Italian Team
Make It Stick With Rocket Reinforcement
Reinforce your learning from this lesson with the Rocket Reinforcement activities!