Basic Italian words
This Italian lesson is on basic Italian words. If you plan on visiting Italy or you are new to Italian and you’d like to jump in and play with the language, these series of basic words in Italian can be very useful. Get started with these basic Italian words!
How to pronounce basic Italian greetings
Here are some of the most basic Italian words to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more Italian words.
- Buongiorno - Good morning, good day
- Buona giornata - (Have a) good day
- Buon pomeriggio - Good afternoon (from noon to 6 pm)
- Buonasera - Good evening (used after 6pm)
- Buona serata - Good night (when wishing someone to have fun out)
- Buonanotte - Good night (when going to bed)
- Ciao - Hello (informal)
- Arrivederci - Goodbye (to one person or to a group, formal)
- ArrivederLa - Goodbye (to one person only, formal)
- Ci vediamo - See you
Greetings are the foundation of a good dialogue! Depending on the situation, choose one of the following:
Basic Italian words for Presentations
Dealing with Misunderstandings in Italian
Giving Wishes in Italian
Saying "I am..." in Italian
Would you like to say you are hungry, thirsty, or tired? These are the words for you.
Arguing in Italian
Basic Italian Numbers
Basic Italian Colors
Pronouncing food and drinks in Italian
Common household objects in Italian
Everyday Italian life
Sightseeing in Italy
Our lesson ends here. I hope you learned tons of new words with this free lesson! If you want more on Italian words then check these out!
- Learn the 300 most common Italian words to boost your conversational skills fast
- This lesson is all about Italian airplane words!
A presto! Maria DiLorenzi Rocket Italian