Months in Korean
What’s the Korean word for July? How about the other months in Korean? You’ll know after this free online lesson! Whether you’re travelling in Korea, or having a conversation with native Korean speakers closer to home, the months are useful words to know.
The Western calendar is used in Korea, but traditional holidays such as Buddha’s birthday and the Lunar New Year (first day of the first lunar month) – are calculated by the lunar calendar. Korean calendars often have small numbers printed at the bottom of each day stating the lunar dates.
How to pronounce months in Korean
- January - 1월 (일월) - Eel-wol
- February - 2월 (이월) - Ee-wol
- March - 3월 (삼월) - Sam-wol
- April - 4월 (사월) - Sa-wol
- May - 5월 (오월) - Oh-wol
- June - 6월 (유월 ) - Yu-wol
- July - 7월 (칠월) - Chil-wol
- August - 8월 (팔월) - Pal-wol
- September - 9월 (구월) - Goo-wol
- October - 10월 (시월) - Shi-wol
- November - 11월 (십일월) - Shibeel-wol
- December - 12월 (십이월) - Shibee-wol
Follow the English translations, listen carefully to the Korean pronunciation and practice saying the months aloud. Remember, practice makes perfect!
Practice Your Pronunciation With Rocket Record
Rocket Record lets you perfect your Korean pronunciation. Just listen to the native speaker audio and then use the microphone icon to record yourself. Once you’re done, you’ll get a score out of 100 on your pronunciation and can listen to your own audio playback. (Use a headset mic for best results.) Problems? Click here!
6월 (유월 )
That’s it for this lesson. I hope you enjoyed it!
- All about telling the time in Korean.
- Pronouncing the days of the week in Korean.
- Want to organise a meeting in Korean?
Anyoung hee gaseyo!
Sujung Lee Rocket Korean
Make It Stick With Rocket Reinforcement
Reinforce your learning from this lesson with the Rocket Reinforcement activities!