Holidays in Korean
Welcome to the free Rocket Korean lesson on Holidays. Today we’ll go over some important Korean holidays and several others that you might find just as important as the people in Korea do.
There are a number of special holidays in Korea that you'll find useful to know, especially if you're planing on traveling.
After this lesson you'll be able to pronounce all the holidays in Korean.
Pronouncing the holidays in Korean
Here are some of the most basic Korean holidays to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more Korean holidays.
- holiday - 휴일 - hyuil
- Christmas - 크리스마스 - keuriseumaseu
- Birthday - 생일 - saeng-il
- Easter - 부활절 - buhwaljeol
- Parents' Day - 어버이날 - eobeo-i-nal
- Halloween - 할로윈 - hallowin
- New Year's Day - 새해 첫 날 - saehae cheot nal
- Thanksgiving - 추석 - chuseok - Thanksgiving
- Children's Day - 어린이날 - eorini-nal
- Valentine's Day - 발렌타인데이 - ballentaindei
Let's get started...
That's it for this lesson. For more lessons on Korean vocabulary I recommend these!
- Need to book a hotel in Korean? This is the vocab lesson for you.
- Going on a spending spree? Know your vocabulary to do with shopping in Korean.
- Understand signs in Korean. A super handy lesson (especially if you need to go to the toilet!)
Anyoung hee gaseyo!
Sujung Lee Rocket Korean