Goodnight in Italian
This free audio lesson will teach you how to say Goodnight in Italian. You can perfect your pronunciation of these Italian "good night" phrases with our free voice recognition software! Just listen to the audio and follow the pronunciation.
How to say Goodnight in Italian
Italian people will make a difference between:
- Buonasera, literally "good evening" when meeting people after 6pm in the evening or so;
- Buonanotte, which translates “good night” and is used solely when leaving someone who is about to go to bed at night;
- Buona serata, used to wish people a good evening;
To put children to bed, parents will use Italian goodnight phrases like:
That’s it for today’s lesson. I hope it was both pleasant and useful to you, and that you can use these Italian salutations to work on your pronunciation.
If you want more lessons on Italian salutations then I recommend that you check out the following:
- Pronouncing Hello in Italian is more than Buon giorno!
- Learn lots of introductions in Italian. Really handy!
- Being able to say Thank you in Italian is essential for a great Italian experience!
A presto! Maria DiLorenzi Rocket Italian