Useful Italian phrases
If you’ve just arrived in a new place, how do you ask for a hotel in Italian? Perhaps you’re traveling on a budget, in which case you might be looking for a hostel or camping ground. After this free audio lesson you’ll know how to find suitable accommodation in Italy.
Once you know your options you might need to ask some more questions like “where is?” or “how much?” in Italian. Stick with the Rocket Italian team and you’ll have your bags unpacked and your feet up in no time!
How to pronounce useful Italian phrases for finding a hotel
Here are some useful Italian phrases to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more Italian phrases.
- Potrebbe raccomandarmi un buon albergo (hotel)? - Could you recommend a good hotel?
- Potrebbe raccomandarmi un albergo (hotel) economico? - Could you recommend an inexpensive hotel?
- Potrebbe raccomandarmi un albergo (hotel) a gestione familiare? - Could you recommend a family-friendly hotel?
- Potrebbe raccomandarmi un albergo (hotel) tranquillo? - Could you recommend a quiet hotel?
- Potrebbe raccomandarmi un albergo (hotel) in centro città? - Could you recommend a hotel in the center?
- C'è un ostello della gioventù? - Is there a youth hostel?
- C'è un campeggio? - Is there a camping ground?
- Come posso raggiungere l'hotel [Millennium]? - How do I get to the [Millennium] hotel?
- Dov'è la fermata dei taxi? - Where is the taxi stand?
- C'è un motel? (same as in English!) - Is there a motel?
Could you recommend?
Potrebbe raccomandarmi un albergo (hotel) a gestione familiare?
Could you recommend a family-friendly hotel?
Useful phrases in Italian for finding other accommodation
Listen to the vocabulary below if you prefer other types of accommodation.
Once you have decided where to stay you need to find out how to get there.
Useful Italian phrases for public transport
A taxi ride can be quite expensive in Italy, so you might want to get an idea of the price before you hop in. Public transport from the airports is usually punctual and reasonably fast, as most cities have bus lanes. Here are some important words and phrases for you to remember.
Vorrei andare all'hotel [Millennium] per cortesia.
I would like to go to the [Millennium] hotel, please.
Maria DiLorenzi and the Rocket Italian Team