Basic Italian phrases
Want to blend in with Italian speakers? This free audio lesson is full of basic Italian phrases you need to know! Just a few minutes with the Rocket Italian team and you'll have a range of common Italian expressions to use when socializing with Italian people.
Perhaps you want to wish someone well, or apologize – either way, this Italian language lesson is not to be missed. Listen carefully to the Italian pronunciation and practice saying the phrases aloud until you’re ready to try them out in Italian conversation for real!
How to pronounce basic Italian phrases
Here are some of the most basic Italian phrases to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more Italian phrases.
- I migliori auguri! - All the best!
- Buona fortuna! - Good luck!
- Divertiti! / Buon divertimento! - Have fun!
- Fai buon viaggio! / Buon viaggio! - Have a good trip!
- Buon appetito! - Enjoy your meal!
- Salute! - Cheers!
- Tanta salute! - Good health!
- Sii felice! - Be lucky!
- Ben fatto! - Well done!
- Stammi bene! - Take care! (casual)
Let's review how to apologize again. The easiest way to apologize in Italian is to say…
Or in a more casual way…
You could also say…
A very polite, but less common way of apologizing in Italian is to say…
If someone stepped on your toes and apologized you might want to say…
Why not check out some more lessons on Italian phrases next?
- What about learning how to say I love you in Italian and other romantic phrases?
- Common Italian expressions are always useful.
- Learn tons of Italian travel phrases in preparation for your next trip to Italy!
Maria DiLorenzi and the Rocket Italian Team