Italian travel phrases
Don’t leave home without this free audio lesson on Italian travel phrases! How do you ask when the museum closes or where to find a supermarket? When does the bus leave? When will the train arrive? Essential Italian travel phrases to have a safe journey through Italy!
Listen to the pronunciation, and practice these Italian phrases to do with travel aloud. We’ve made it real easy to follow and you'll never have an excuse to be late or lost again!
How to pronounce Italian travel phrases
Here are some of the most common Italian travel phrases to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more Italian travel phrases.
- Quando è aperto il museo? - When is the museum open?
- Quando chiude il museo? - When does the museum close?
- Quando è aperto il supermercato? - When is the supermarket open?
- Quando è aperta la farmacia? - When is the pharmacy open?
- Quando parte l'autobus? - When does the bus leave?
- Quando parte il treno? - When does the train leave?
- Quando parte il volo? - When does the flight leave?
- Quando arriva l'autobus? - When does the bus arrive?
- Quando arriva il treno? - When does the train arrive?
- Quando arriva il volo? - When does the flight arrive?
Italian travel phrases using When...?
Instead of "quando?" you can also use the expression "a che ora?" which literally means "at what time?".
Italian travel phrases using Where...?
One of the first questions you might want to ask when arriving in an unfamiliar city could be…
Some smaller cities in Italian-speaking countries don't have tourist information centers. You might have to rely on asking the locals. Here are some useful questions you might need…
Credit cards are not as widely accepted in Italy as they are in England or America for example, so you might have to exchange some money.
Maria DiLorenzi and the Rocket Italian Team