Chinese Culture Expert (Remote)
We are looking for a native US English writer who is familiar with Chinese culture to write 90 lessons on Chinese culture. Each lesson should be approx. 300 words long. This is remote
Our ideal candidate would be:
- a native US English speaker/writer
- passionate about Chinese language and culture
- familiar with US culture
- skilled at writing in a clear and engaging way
- flexible and open to feedback
- be familiar with tracking changes in Google Docs
You will work with us to create a list of topics that covers Chinese history, places, food, etiquettes, customs and everyday life. You must also be familiar with US culture in order to provide comparisons with Chinese culture (e.g. the differences between tipping in China vs. USA).
Important! Submitted work must be 100% original and all sources must be clearly provided. Lessons will be thoroughly checked for plagiarism and any plagiarized work will not be accepted (i.e. payment will not be made).
The hiring process:
- Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a sample of your writing, or follow the sample instructions below.
- If successful, we schedule an in-person interview.
- The successful candidate will be contacted directly.
Sample writing instructions: Please provide a sample of your writing (preferably related to Chinese culture, history or travel) OR write 300 words on the topic "Tipping in China."