Russian Culture Writer (Remote)
We are looking for a native US English writer who is familiar with Russian culture to write 30 conversational lessons based on everyday life in Russia. Each lesson covers multiple ways to have a conversation in a specific setting or situation. The goals of these lessons are to:
- increase conversational fluency and confidence
- increase vocabulary
- reinforce existing language skills
- provide valuable insight into everyday life and cultural realities
Our ideal candidate would have:
- An excellent native command of English (US).
- Excellent English-writing skills.
- Advanced Russian language skills.
- A familiarity with US culture.
- A passion for Russian language and culture.
- The ability to write in a clear and engaging way.
- A keen eye for detail, structure and logic.
- An understanding and passion for processes and quality.
- A familiarity with tracking changes in Google Docs.
We will provide comprehensive briefs, resources and training to the successful applicant, including style guides and topics. You must be familiar with US culture in order to provide comparisons with Russian culture (e.g. the differences between tipping in Russia vs. USA).
Important! Submitted work must be 100% original and all sources must be clearly provided. Lessons will be thoroughly checked for plagiarism and any plagiarized work will not be accepted (i.e. payment will not be made).
The hiring process:
- Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a sample of your writing, or follow the sample instructions below.
- If successful, we schedule an in-person interview.
- The successful candidate will be contacted directly.
Sample writing instructions: Please provide a sample of your writing (preferably related to Russian culture, history or travel) OR write 300 words on the topic "Tipping in Russia."