Holidays in Korean
Welcome to the free Rocket Korean lesson on Holidays. Today we’ll go over some important Korean holidays and several others that you might find just as important as the people in Korea do.
There are a number of special holidays in Korea that you'll find useful to know, especially if you're planning on traveling.
After this lesson you'll be able to pronounce all the holidays in Korean.
Resources for further reading:
Pronouncing the holidays in Korean
Here are some of the most basic Korean holidays to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more Korean holidays.
- holiday - 휴일 - hyuil
- Christmas - 크리스마스 - keuriseumaseu
- Birthday - 생일 - saeng-il
- Easter - 부활절 - buhwaljeol
- Parents' Day - 어버이날 - eobeo-i-nal
- Halloween - 할로윈 - hallowin
- New Year's Day - 새해 첫 날 - saehae cheot nal
- Thanksgiving - 추석 - chuseok - Thanksgiving
- Children's Day - 어린이날 - eorini-nal
- Valentine's Day - 발렌타인데이 - ballentaindei
Let's get started...
Practice Your Pronunciation With Rocket Record
Rocket Record lets you perfect your Korean pronunciation. Just listen to the native speaker audio and then use the microphone icon to record yourself. Once you’re done, you’ll get a score out of 100 on your pronunciation and can listen to your own audio playback. (Use a headset mic for best results.) Problems? Click here!
새해 첫 날
saehae cheot nal
New Year's Day
Lunar New Year's Day
National Foundation Day
Hangul Proclamation Day
That's it for this lesson.
For more lessons on Korean vocabulary I recommend these!
- Need to book a hotel in Korean? This is the vocab lesson for you.
- Going on a spending spree? Know your vocabulary to do with shopping in Korean.
- Understand signs in Korean. A super handy lesson (especially if you need to go to the toilet!)
Anyoung hee gaseyo!
Sujung Lee: Rocket Korean
Make It Stick With Rocket Reinforcement
Reinforce your learning from this lesson with the Rocket Reinforcement activities!