Bonjour tout le monde !
We get a lot of feedback about just how much Rocket Languages has helped people achieve their language learning goals. However, we aren't the sort of company to rest on it's laurels...
In fact we have been very busy working away behind the scenes to make all of our Rocket Languages courses work even better and provide you with the best learning experience possible.
To that end I am really pleased to announce the release of the 2015 Edition of Rocket Languages for desktop computers and laptops. All for free for existing members (note that the iOS and Android apps will be updated as well in early 2015).
So, what's new?
Well, some of it you can see and some of it you may not notice straight away;
- A lot of the improvements have been made to the way that the code that drives the courses works, so you should be getting really fast page loads.
- We have revamped the navigation to make it more user friendly
- A lot of smaller improvements have been made to improve the user experience
- And, the main thing that we have done is add in Module Tests...
We have had a lot of feedback about the Testing that is available on each lesson, and a few people have suggested that we have a summary test at the end of each section or Module of the course.
So, that's what we have done!
If you go to your Dashboard you will see larger round icons between each section or module of lessons. Click on one of those and you will be taken to the Rocket Tests page.
On the Rocket Tests page you have the ability to test yourself on the Module in question. You will get tested using Hear it Say it!, Write it!, Know it! and the Quizzes, with all questions, words and phrases drawn from within the lessons in that Module.
We have also aligned the lessons with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages levels.
Of course we have non-European languages but the CEFR levels are still fairly applicable to all the languages that we have (except Sign Language).
What's happening in 2015?
The short answer is... a lot! Including;
- Rocket Spanish and Rocket French members may have noticed the live tutor sessions that have been available in the members area for the last month or two. Due to the positive feedback that we have received about our tutors, we are looking to expand this pilot program.
- The iOS and Android apps are going to have a heap more functionality added to bring them in line with recent changes to the members area.
- And, Rocket Russian is due out in Feb/Mar 2015!
So, enjoy the changes and let us know what you think of the new Module Tests!
CEO & Co-founder
Rocket Languages Ltd