Forum Rocket French French Feedback and Comments Comment dites-vous ces alphabets en français ?

Comment dites-vous ces alphabets en français ?



Comment dites-vous ces alphabets, æ et œ en français ?

I remembered it was called l'e dans l'o but I doubt that is the proper term. I came up with ligature and collé. Anyone?
toru e

toru e

Ah, I didn't know that, thanks! My previous teacher used to just pronounce œ like "oh eh", but says you're right about the « e dans l'o ». They also mention « o-e liés » and « o-e collés » as alternatives. (Œ)

For æ, French wiki says « e dans l'a », « a, e dans l'a », « a e liés » ou « a e liées » ou encore « a e collés » ou « a e collées ». (Æ)

Ask a question or a post a response

If you want to ask a question or post a response you need to be a member.

If you are already a member login here .
If you are not a member you can become one by taking the free Rocket French trial here .