What is your name? in French
How do you ask What is your name? in French? Easy, it's Comment vous appelez-vous ? But how do you reply? This free audio lesson will walk you through some basic introductions in French, and teach you how to say where you’re from.
You’ll hear a simple conversation, and have a chance to practice speaking these common French phrases aloud. Let’s get started!
How to say "what is your name?"" in French
- Bonjour ! - Hello! (formal)
- Salut ! - Hello! (informal)
- Comment vous appelez-vous ? - What's your name?
- Je m’appelle Paul. - I'm called Paul.
- D’où venez vous ? - Where do you come from?
- Je viens des Etats-Unis. - I come from the United States.
- Vous parlez bien français. - You speak French well.
- Juste un petit peu. - Just a little bit.
A simple French conversation
Listen to this simple French conversation showing you how to ask What's your name? in French among other things!
So there you have some basic building blocks of entering into a French conversation. Sound easy? Good! That's the confidence we like to hear...
À la prochaine (See you next time)!
Marie-Claire Rivière and the Rocket French Team