Months in Korean
What’s the Korean word for July? How about the other months in Korean? You’ll know after this free online lesson! Whether you’re travelling in Korea, or having a conversation with native Korean speakers closer to home, the months are useful words to know.
The Western calendar is used in Korea, but traditional holidays such as Buddha’s birthday and the Lunar New Year (first day of the first lunar month) – are calculated by the lunar calendar. Korean calendars often have small numbers printed at the bottom of each day stating the lunar dates.
How to pronounce months in Korean
- January - 1월 (일월) - Eel-wol
- February - 2월 (이월) - Ee-wol
- March - 3월 (삼월) - Sam-wol
- April - 4월 (사월) - Sa-wol
- May - 5월 (오월) - Oh-wol
- June - 6월 (유월 ) - Yu-wol
- July - 7월 (칠월) - Chil-wol
- August - 8월 (팔월) - Pal-wol
- September - 9월 (구월) - Goo-wol
- October - 10월 (시월) - Shi-wol
- November - 11월 (십일월) - Shibeel-wol
- December - 12월 (십이월) - Shibee-wol
Follow the English translations, listen carefully to the Korean pronunciation and practice saying the months aloud. Remember, practice makes perfect!
That’s it for this lesson. I hope you enjoyed it!
Anyoung hee gaseyo!