Holidays in Italian
Ciao! Tutto bene? Welcome to the Rocket Italian lesson on how to say different holidays in Italian. Italy is a mainly Catholic country and as such, there are many religious holidays celebrated throughout the year.
Today we’ll go over these and several other holidays that you might find just as important as the people in Italy do.
How to pronounce the different holidays in Italian
Here are some of the common Italian holidays to get you started. Further on in this lesson we will look at the pronunciation of these and more Italian holidays.
- Il Capodanno - New Year's Day
- Il Natale - Christmas
- Il Mercoledì delle Ceneri - Ash Wednesday
- La Domenica delle Palme - Palm Sunday
- Il Giovedì Santo - Holy Thursday
- Il Venerdì Santo - Good Friday
- La Pasqua - Easter
- Ognissanti - All Saints Day
- La festa del lavoro - Labor Day
- La festa del 4 luglio - Independence Day (4th of July)
Let's get started...
That’s it for this lesson on holidays in Italian. I hope you learned a lot! To practice these new words, try marking your calendar with the holidays and important days in your life in Italian. You’ll start to remember them automatically after some practice!
Maria DiLorenzi and the Rocket Italian Team